Advocacy is about being a champion for a cause.
Lend your voice. Get informed.
Here are some ways you can become an advocate for United Way:
- Share our Posts on Social Media like Facebook and Twitter. A simple share helps us to connect with your network, reach new volunteers, and share our message. Sharing on Facebook is the single most effective way to help ADVOCATE for United Way.
- Tell your friends about your involvement with United Way and what we do.
- Write a letter to the editor. United Way needs people who are passionate about education, financial stability and health to make some noise about the issues most important to our community.
- Send a letter to your elected official.
- Wear the shirt. You’ll be able to spark a conversation when you wear the LIVE UNITED shirt.
- Join our Speaker’s Bureau. This select group of individuals are passionate about sharing their story. Maybe they received services from a member agency. Maybe they simply are eager to see a change in our community. No matter what, Speaker’s Bureau members are on the front lines, helping others understand the importance of United Way. Contact Ashley Smith for more information.
- Become a Loaned Executive for United Way. The Loaned Executive Program helps United Way keep fundraising expenses down and provides a great learning and growing opportunity for individuals ready to make a difference. Loaned execs are mainly hired during campaign season and help the thousands of companies that run campaigns conduct a successful campaign. Contact Ashley Smith for more information.