To cultivate leadership in the African American community to ensure a diverse voice in efforts that address community needs.
Identify, recruit and cultivate African Americans who represent our current and future leadership for our community.
- Foster future leadership among African American youth and engage youth in our community efforts.
- Develop efforts to mentor youth in middle and high school.
- Further engage youth in community activities and leadership opportunities.
- Educate youth on community need and opportunities to address and be engaged.
Link African American leaders and resources with opportunities to address community issues.
- Engage African American leadership in select community projects.
- Involve AALC leadership in a range of other community efforts and boards.
- Select projects to participate in or lead.
- Coordinate participation.
- Survey/assess existing community boards and efforts that provide opportunities for involvement.
- Survey/assess African American representation on identified boards and efforts. Identify gaps.
- Match leadership skills with participation/involvement opportunities.
Train, educate and motivate existing and emerging leaders in the African American community.
- Educate members on community issues, resources, and opportunities for involvement in all community efforts.
- Identify potential community leadership development education/training needs and facilitate education opportunities for AALC members and other emerging African Americans in the community.
- Motivate AALC members and the African American community to be involved.