Goal: Families achieve and sustain good health
- Gaston County families will have available knowledge and incentives to make healthy choices and form habits that lead to lifelong health.
- Gaston County families will have access to tests that identify existing conditions and treatment for them. Conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, and cancer.
- Access. Everyone in Gaston County will be able to engage with all kinds of healthcare professionals, including emergency medicine, pharmacies, mental health practitioners, medical specialists, and dental care providers.
- Gaston County has a high percentage of “lifestyle illnesses”: Heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure. These diseases are preventable.
- Many citizens don’t feel healthcare facilities are available to them.
- Gaston County overall “healthy” ranking is 79th out of 100 North Carolina counties.