Goal: Families find the pathway to long term financial stability
- Reside. Gaston County families will have a place to call home for long term success.
- Adults will develop functional life skills and be better able to support their families.
- Thrive. Families will plan beyond the crisis. Learning not only how to make money, but how to manage it, budget it, and save it for the future.
- 27% of renters in Gaston County spend more than half of their pay on rent.
- 20% of adult family members in Gaston County don’t have a bank. They can spend $100 or more a month on check cashing fees. They pay the highest interest rates when using rent-to-own companies. Any funds they are able to save are not safe from theft.
- 20% of Gaston County citizens live in extremely depressed financial circumstances.